Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Re:Literature Club! The Doki Doki Virus (Chapter 1)

Disclaimer: This fanfiction series will contain a lot of disturbing content not suited for anyone under the age of 16 years (17 years for the mod version) with some optional parts only suited for adults. Read at your own risk. At any point do you feel uncomfortable reading this fanfiction series, please stop reading. I care about everyone's health. See the DDLC! Subreddit's Mental Health Resources guide if you have to.


Expression/Pose guide for the scripted fanfiction seriessta.sh/02eayquu1ss
Discord server: discord.gg/B8ExbUh
Fan mod version for DDLC!: github.com/Thunder-Dragon-Prod…
Wiki: relctddv.fandom.com/
Subreddit: www.reddit.com/r/relctddv/

Tip: When listening to music through YouTube links, YouTube has a looping feature. With a mouse, right-click the screen and select "Loop". On mobile, it's located under the Settings button. For the looped version of the Main Theme and anything else that requires a specifically-targetted loop, LoopTube.io will be used to accurately loop them.

Chapter 1: "Tuesday (Act IV special ending continuation)"


It is the end of Doki Doki Literature Club's special ending! Thank you for playing Team Salvato's visual novel. Goodbye...! Wait... Is it not over?!

Main route


Scene: Black scene CG with the message "Previously on Doki Doki Literature Club!"


*NOTE: The following scene is Sayori's dialogue in the secret ending of Doki Doki Literature Club!
*Scene fades in and out with dissolve*

Scene: Clubroom


*Scene fades in from dissolve*
Sayori (both arms down, happy, eyes forward): "I wanted to thank you for spending so much time with us all."
*Play music: I Still Love You*
Sayori (left arm raised, sadly happy): "You worked so hard to make each and every one of us happy."
Sayori: "You comforted us through our hard times."
Sayori: "And you helped us all get along with each other."
Sayori (both arms down, happy): "Do you get it, [mc1 name]?"
Sayori: "Because I'm President now, I understand everything."
Sayori (eyes closed): "You really didn't want to miss a single thing in this game, did you?"
Sayori (eyes forward): "You saved and loaded so many times, just to make sure you could spend time with everyone."
Sayori: "Only someone who truly cares about the Literature Club would go that far."
Sayori: "But..."
Sayori (both arms raised, sadly happy): "All along, that's all I ever wanted."
Sayori: "For everyone to be happy and care about each other."
Sayori (happy, eyes closed): "Ahaha..."
Sayori (both arms down, crying happily, eyes forward): "It's kind of sad, you know?"
Sayori: "After all you've done for us, there isn't much I can do for you in return."
Sayori: "We've already reached the end of the game."
Sayori (blushing happily, eyes away): "So..."
Sayori: "This is where we say goodbye."
Sayori (sadly happy, eyes forward): "... Thank you for playing Doki Doki Literature Club."
Sayori: "I'm going to miss you, [mc1 name]."
Sayori: "Come visit sometime, okay?"
Sayori: "We'll always be here for you."
Sayori (crying happily, eyes opened): "We..."

Scene: Black scene


Sayori: "We all love you."
*Stop music, fades out in 2.0 s*
*Scene fades out with dissolve in 2.0 s*

Scene: Black scene CG with the message "End?"


*Scene fades back in and Act IV continues*

Scene: Clubroom


Main Character 1: "Umm... I love you all... too? Uhh...?"
Sayori (curious): "Eh? Umm... Wasn't this game supposed to end?"
*Natsuki enters the scene*
Natsuki (arms crossed, talking neutrally, eyes forward): "What was supposed to end?"
Sayori (talking nervously): "Umm... wasn't this game supposed to end?"
Sayori: "Where are the credits? Did someone install a mod?"
Natsuki: "Wow, Sayori, what made you think we're in a game?"
Natsuki (neutrally happy): "Why are you being so weird all of a sudden? Just chill."
Sayori: "But..."
*Natsuki leaves the scene*
Menu options:
__This is gonna get confusing. Let me just...
Menu options:
__*Press here to enter spectate mode, giving all knowledge up to this point to [mc1 name] in the process.*
*Generating file in the ".../characters/" folder: "mc1.chr"*
Menu options:
__Hooray for pre-written scripted options...
Menu options:
__What a strange mod this is...to give me—the player—generated scripted options.
Menu options:
__Well, let's see how this new mod turns out.
*Natsuki and Yuri leaves the scene*
*Play music: Daijoubu!*
*Player exits out of Main Character 1's body as he enters the scene*
Main Character 1 (left hand out, talking neutrally, eyes closed): "You're kind of acting weird all of a sudden, Sayori."
Sayori (hop): "!!!"
Main Character 1 (eyes forward): "What made you think that—" (skips immediately)
Main Character 1 (wondering): "Wait? What's going—"
Main Character 1 (hop, right hand on head, gritting teeth angrily, eyes closed): "Ouch! Holy crud, my head!"
Main Character 1: "What are these images suddenly flowing in my head?"
Main Character 1: "Ah!"
Sayori (curious): "Wait, if you're standing there, [mc1 name], then how is..."
Main Character 1 (both hands down, glares): "What is that?"
Main Character 1 (shocked): "Wait, is it me or am I seeing things? Am I seeing a ghost or is it just me?"
Main Character 1 (right hand on head, gritting teeth angrily, eyes closed): "Ouch, my head. What am I seeing?"
Sayori (talking seriously): "You can see [mc1 name]—I mean, the player too?"
Sayori: "I thought only the Club President like me can see the player."
Main Character 1: "Wait, it just disappeared on me. Wha—?"
Menu options:
__Oh, so he noticed. Umm...
Menu options:
__I've given you all of my memories, your free will, and my existence.
Menu options:
__Wait, he probably won't be able to hear me outside his body (oops!) if he can't see my form anymore but Sayori should be able to.
Sayori (hop, talking nervously): "Wha—"
*Yuri enters the scene*
Yuri (left hand up, curious, eyes away): "Uhh... I'm perplexed. Is something wrong?"
*Natsuki enters the scene*
Natsuki (both hands on hip, talking seriously, eyes forward): "Yeah, why are you two acting so weird?"
Menu options:
__Well, this is even more awkward. But let's see how this mod plays out.
Sayori (nervously happy, eyes away): "Never mind. A lot is on my mind. Don't mind me."
Main Character 1 (blushing neutrally, eyes away): "Same. Please, we aren't usually like this. Umm...shall we go read or something?"
Natsuki (both hands down, flusteredly talking, eyes away): "You sure brought in a weirdo, Sayori."
*Natsuki and Yuri leaves the scene*
Main Character 1 (left hand on mouth, wondering, eyes away): "Weird, why am I getting these strange memories, as if I knew everyone here—"
Main Character 1: "—and that corruption."
Main Character 1 (curious): "A girl with green eyes... Have I been here?"
Sayori (wondering): "So...you remember everything?"
Main Character 1 (talking neutrally, eyes forward): "Give me a second."
Main Character 1 (neutral, eyes closed): "I think I'm starting to get it now."
Main Character 1 (left hand out, talking neutrally, eyes forward): "So...this whole thing...is a game or something?"
Main Character 1 (left hand on mouth, curious, eyes forward): "I feel like things have happened yet, they didn't actually happen..."
Main Character 1: "...as if they were alternate timelines or something like that and everything reset."
Main Character 1 (both hands down, talking neutrally, eyes forward): "I think the so-called "player" left me all of their memories when they left my body and there they are."
Main Character 1 (eyes closed): "This is very weird and bizarre to me but I'll ask you about it later."
Main Character 1 (blushing neutrally, eyes away): "I need to calm down and not embarrass myself."
Sayori (talking neutrally): "Okay. Well, have fun."
*Sayori and Main Character 1 leave the scene*

*Player is now hovering over Main Character 1 with his face appearing in a square box for expressions*
*Yuri enters the scene*
Yuri (left hand up, talking sadly, eyes forward): "Excuse me, is everything alright, [mc1 name]?"
Yuri (both hands down, sadly happy, eyes forward): "If something's wrong, don't be afraid to ask me."
Yuri: "I'm Vice President of the Literature Club, in case if I haven't told you yet."
*Main Character 1 is shocked*
*Through the Player and Main Character 1's eyes, they get a hallucination of Yuri flashing between from "sadly happy, eyes forward" pose to a glitched version of "crazily smiling, eyes forward" multiple times in a short burst.*
*Play SFX: glitch3.ogg*
Main Character 1 (gritting teeth angry, eyes closed): Ouch, my head! That was creepy. I'm getting strange vibes.
Main Character 1 (talking sadly, eyes forward): "It's—it's nothing."
Main Character 1 (sad): "But I feel like I experienced déjà vu or something."
Main Character 1 (eyes closed): "To be honest, I'm not feeling fine today."
Main Character 1 (eyes away): "Sorry if I'm acting strange, I'm normally not like this."
Yuri (both hands up, talking sadly, eyes closed): "I think I understand what you mean."
Yuri (both hands down, parting lips sadly, eyes away): "I sometimes get like that too."
Yuri (talking happily, eyes forward): "Would you like some more tea before I put the tea set away?"
Yuri (nervous): "It's not the tea that's making you feel that way, is it?"
Main Character 1 (sadly happy, eyes forward): "It's not that. I'd be glad to have more."
Yuri (sadly happy): "I hope you enjoy your time here in the Literature Club."
Yuri (happy): "Since Natsuki suggested we should try new things, what manga do you recommend?"
Yuri: "Any fantasy or mystery with a deep story?"
Main Character 1 (wondering): "I do have some things in mind."
*Natsuki enters the scene*
Natsuki (left hand on hip, talking happily, eyes forward): "Hey, I told you: Leave that to me!"
Natsuki: "I'm an expert, after all."
*Main Character 1 is shocked*
*Through the Player and Main Character 1's eyes, they get a hallucination of Natsuki's face being blurred in black digital boxes for 0.4 s*
*Play SFX: glitch1.ogg for 0.4 s*
Main Character 1: There it goes again.
Main Character 1 (angry, eyes closed): Ahh, my head.
Main Character 1 (wondering, eyes forward): That glitch on Natsuki's face.
Yuri (seriously happy, eyes away): "I see."
Yuri (happy, eyes forward): "And while we're at the library, I'll see what I could find for the two of you."
Yuri (left hand up, talking sadly, eyes forward): "[mc1 name]? Are you feeling ill?"
*Natsuki has her mouth opened neutrally*
Main Character 1 (sad): "Probably."
Main Character 1 (sadly happy): "Don't worry about it."
Main Character 1: "I just feel strange today."
Main Character 1: "But I'll be fine tomorrow, hopefully."
*Main Character 1 is neutral*
*Sayori enters the scene*
Sayori (both arms down, happy, eyes forward): "Then we'll leave it off on a good note."
Sayori (left arm raised, smiling): "Oh, and do you want to know what will also be fun?"
*Main Character 1 is surprised*
*Natsuki is hopping, both hands down, flusteredly yelling*
*Yuri is hopping, both hands up, nervous*
Sayori (hop, both arms raised, talking happily, eyes closed): "Poetry!"
*Main Character 1 is talking neutrally*
Sayori (both arms down, smiling, eyes forward): "Let's all write something to express ourselves and show off tomorrow."
Natsuki (arms crossed, talking seriously, eyes forward): "Really?! Poetry?!"
Sayori (hop, talking happily, eyes closed): "I noticed you made one the other day, Natsuki, and it is soooooo cute, just like you!"
Natsuki (both hands down, yelling, eyes squeezed): "What?! Give that back!"
Natsuki (hop): "And I'm not cute!"
Main Character 1 (neutral): Natsuki swipes a sheet of paper from Sayori's left hand.
Yuri (turned away, sad, eyes forward): "Do we have to write? I'd feel embarrassed...sharing my writing."
*Natsuki has her mouth closed flusteringly, eyes away*

Sayori (left arm raised, talking worryingly, eyes forward): "I thought it would have been a good idea."
Sayori: "Come on! It'll be fun, guys."
Sayori (both arms down, smiling, eyes forward): "Anyone up for a challenge?"
Natsuki (mouth opened happily, eyes forward): "Challenge?"
Natsuki (left hand on hip, flusteredly talking, eyes closed): "Fine, I'll come up with the best poem ever written!"
Sayori (hop, both hands down, talking happily, eyes closed): "That's the spirit!"
Sayori (left arm raised, happy, eyes forward): "And you, Yuri?"
Yuri (blushing sadly): "If you say so..."
Sayori (talking worryingly): "I'm sorry, but you are so talented and—"
Yuri (left hand up, parting lips sadly, eyes away): "It's fine, but I wish I had a choice in this as Vice President."
Yuri (yelling, eyes forward): "But as Vice President of the Literature Club, I'll try to give it my all..."
Yuri: "...for the club."
Yuri (both hands down, nervously happy, eyes away): "It wouldn't be a literature club without it, I guess."
Sayori (hop, both arms down, talking happily, eyes closed): "That's the spirit!"
*Natsuki and Yuri leaves the scene*
Sayori (talking neutrally, eyes forward): "And you, [mc1 name]?"
Main Character 1 (talking neutrally): "Sayori, I'm not really that good at writing."
Sayori (happy): "You don't need to doubt yourself. I know you have improved."
Main Character 1 (wondering): "Hmm..."
Main Character 1: Well, it's true that I have many different poems in my mind, but man, they are amateurish and completely random.
Sayori (smiling): "Here is Sayori's Writing Tip of the Day!"
Sayori (right arm raised): "If there is someone anyone of you really like, you should write something special for that person."
Sayori (both arms down, happy, eyes closed): "Especially for the club members."
Sayori (right arm raised, smiling, eyes forward): "It can help build relationships between club members here and help the club grow stronger."
Sayori (pointing fingers, nervously happy, eyes away): "But just as a reminder, please don't write anything for me."
*Main Character 1 is curious*
Sayori: "Hehe..."
Sayori: "That's the one rule I have as President of the Literature Club."
Sayori (pouting): "(Since we presidents don't get "character routes", it seems.)"
*Sayori leaves the scene*
*MC expression box disappears*
*Stop music, fades out at 2.0 s*
*Scene fades out with wipeleft at 2.0 s*

Scene: Corridor


*Scene fades in*
*MC expression box appears with Main Character 1's head*
Main Character 1: Well, that was something.
Main Character 1 (worried): But I'm starting to understand what's going on, slowly but surely.
Main Character 1 (eyes closed): Now I can see why she was jealous and started messing with everything.
Main Character 1: Desperation.
Main Character 1 (eyes forward): I hope Sayori doesn't turn like...
Main Character 1 (wondering): Coming to think about it, if this is how I think it works...
Main Character 1: In an alternate timeline when I haven't hung out with all the girls...
Main Character 1: ...Sayori did go crazy but that girl saved me and the player from an eternal torment of annoyance...
Main Character 1 (angry, eyes closed): ...even though I hated how she treated Sayori and everyone else.
Main Character 1 (wondering, eyes forward): Still, I wonder what's going on in this world.
Main Character 1: Is our reality a gaming reality?
Main Character 1: Am I really thinking these words or are these scripted?
Main Character 1: There's a lot I still don't understand.
Main Character 1 (gritting teeth angrily, eyes closed): Yet, all these images keep crawling into my head and I feel like I experienced these millions of times.
Main Character 1 (worried): My head still hurts.
Main Character 1 (wondering, eyes forward): Is that player following me again, reading my mind, or is it just me?
Main Character 1 (worried, eyes closed): Now I'm feeling paranoiac.
Main Character 1 (eyes forward): I need to ask Sayori about this.
Main Character 1 (wondering): I know Sayori is normally clumsy and such but as weird as I'm about to say this...
Main Character 1 (surprised): ...as Club President, she might know a lot more than I think she knows.
Main Character 1 (wondering): Hmm...
*Scene fades out with dissolve at 2.0 s*
*Pauses for 2.0 s*

Scene: A spooky, dark ominous room at school


*The theme of the text box changes to a cool gray-colored religious theme.*
**NOTE: This new text box indicates that the following scene does not take place among the Literature Club or its members. Only the player can see this following scene.**
*Scene fades in with dissolve at 2.0 s, blurred around the edges of an outer circle with the blur appearing as animate static.*
*Play music: Horror in the Dark Digital Dimension*
**NOTE: This custom song track is a spooky and creepy ambiance. The current composition may or may be final but it's good enough.**
??? (yelling in fear): "Wha—what are you—?"
??? (yelling in fear): "No-no. Stay back... STAY BACK!!!"
???: "LEAVE ME ALONE!"
Scary figures (off-scene): "AHAHAHAHAHA!" (skips immediately)
Scary figures"You're next!" (skips immediately)
Scary figures"You're next!" (skips immediately)
Scary figures"You're next!" (skips immediately)
Scary figures"For the Master." (skips immediately)
Scary figures"You're next!" (skips immediately)
Scary figures"For the Master." (skips immediately)
Scary figures"Hold still, now!" (skips immediately)
Scary figures"EEE-HEE-HEE-HEE-HEE-HEE-HEE!!!" (skips immediately)
???: "No! Go away!"
*??? is mysteriously locked and chained in a cage through a digital glitch effect*
??? (crying in fear): "No! No! Nooooo!!!!"
??? (yelling in fear): "SOMEONE, HELP ME!"
???: "AHHHHHHH!!!!"
*Scene is covered in flames*

*Play custom SFX: flames.ogg*
*Scene fades out with dissolve at 2.0 s*
*Stop music, fades out at 2.0 s*
**NOTE: At this point, you get that the fade-ins/out are usually 2 seconds long in each transition and usually wipeleft so I won't repeat it unless if there are new changes. Meanwhile, the start and ending of a chapter usually transition in a dissolve as well as unusual scenes like these.**
*Pauses for 2.0 s*

Scene: Residential area


*History of the previous scene is erased*
*The theme of the text box changes to back to the pink polka dot theme used for the Literature Club.*
*Scene fades in*
*Play music: Daijoubu!*
*MC expression box appears with Main Character 1's head*
Main Character 1 (thinking, eyes forward): I'm walking home with Sayori.
Main Character 1: Still can't stop thinking about those things.
*Sayori enters the scene*
Sayori (right arm raised, talking worryingly, eyes forward): "Having trouble with your thoughts?"
Main Character 1 (talking neutrally): "Sayori, as Club President, how much of this world do you know?"
*Main Character 1 is neutral*

Sayori (pointing fingers, nervously happy, eyes forward): "Just as much as you think."
Sayori (both arms down, talking neutrally): "As Club President, you may think I could be omnipotent, like a goddess."
Sayori (right arm raised): "Well, it's true that I could see the entity of the player following you, understand we are living in a game world, and even change, delete, or create game files."
Sayori (both arms down): "But to be honest, I don't know how our world came into existence or why the Literature Club President has this power."
Sayori: "I don't think Monika knew those answers either."
Sayori (curious): "But I do wonder..."
Sayori (left arm raised, talking neutrally): "If the Literature Club President has this power and if it isn't just Monika and me right now..."
Sayori (both arm down): "...if other clubs were to exist as games like ours, I wonder if the club president of every other club has these powers too."
Main Character 1 (thinking): "That's an interesting theory but..."
Main Character 1 (talking neutrally): "All of the other clubs I have seen just appear to be boringly normal, but I'm not club president, so I could be seeing differently than you are."
Main Character 1: "Heck, I don't have administrative controls to operate this...world, unlike you..."
Main Character 1 (angry, eyes away): "...or her."
Main Character 1 (thinking, eyes forward): "But it would be interesting if every club were their own video game."
Main Character 1: "In that case, I wonder what would have happened if I joined the anime club instead of the literature club."
Sayori (pointing fingers, pouting, eyes forward): "Don't you be mean to me like that."
Sayori (left arm raised, talking worryingly): "And why don't you want to say Monika's name, if you remember everything that happened in previous resets?"
*Player exits out of Main Character 1's body as he enters the scene*
Main Character 1 (both hands down, talking neutrally, eyes closed): "Sayori, she did horrible things to us."
Main Character 1 (right hand out, eyes opened): "To you."
Main Character 1 (both hand down): "She made your depression too strong it forced you to commit suicide."
Main Character 1 (neutral, eyes closed): "Nothing I have done could save you."
Main Character 1 (talking neutrally, eyes forward): "Same with Yuri when Monika turned her "yandere" on me, which is kind of ironic since Monika was secretly acting like that."
Main Character 1: "No matter if the player who controlled me tried to accepted or rejected her confession, the amount of insanity Monika inflicted on Yuri made her suicide."
Main Character 1: "In fact, she made Yuri too unpredictably dangerous that Yuri could have killed Natsuki, Monika, or even me if the game wasn't scripted carefully enough."
Main Character 1 (eyes away): "As for Natsuki, well..."
Main Character 1: "I don't think she did too much to Natsuki other than making her second-guess herself when she got caught and she altered her memories, which isn't too bad."
Main Character 1 (right hand out, eyes forward): "And some of the time in some of the resets, I was mostly an empty shell, unable to react to the things the players have seen while keeping my own vision."
Main Character 1 (worried, eyes closed): "Now that was a nightmare."
Main Character 1 (talking sadly, eyes forward): "I literally stared at Yuri's corpse for the entire weekend, unable to move or think because of how broken the "script" was."
Main Character 1 (talking angrily): "Oh, and also in one of many of her topics, she made fun of your suicide."
Main Character 1: "That's completely messed up."
Main Character 1 (worried, eyes closed): "I won't ever forgive her for all the torture she put us through."
Main Character 1: "The things she did, it's why the player had to delete her."
Main Character 1 (both hands down, sad, eyes forward): "At this point, I hope everyone is back to normal."
Sayori (sadly happy): "Don't worry. Our personalities are no longer corrupted."
Sayori (sad): "But I do feel bad that Monika couldn't—"
Main Character 1 (worried, eyes closed): "Don't pity her."
Main Character 1: "I know what you are going to say."
Main Character 1 (talking sadly, eyes away): "Yes, it was unfair that I was unable to spend time with her but that's no excuse for Monika to us as enemies."
Main Character 1 (eyes forward): "How is your depression doing now?"
Sayori (left arm raised, talking worryingly): "I'm fine. I'm not as depressed as I was before..."
Sayori (both arms down, sadly happy): "Don't worry about my depression."
Sayori: "I'm willing to take care of myself better than usual."
Sayori: "Yuri should be calm and gentle and still pretty as ever for this run."
Sayori (parting lips sadly, eyes away): "Back then, I didn't really understand my feelings but..."
Sayori (talking worryingly, eyes forward): "Yuri did catch onto the abnormal increase of obsession and tried her best resisting it but..."
Sayori: "...her level of imagination in her head became too strong and took over her body."
Main Character 1 (sad): "I hope she is careful about what she reads since she gets too absorbed into her books."
Main Character 1: "I don't want to see her going through insanity anymore."
Main Character 1 (angry, eyes closed): "Still, the things that she did to us and said to us."
*Sayori is talking angrily*
Main Character 1 (right hand out, talking angrily, eyes forward): "She was sadistic."
Main Character 1: "She only thought of us as computer bots, thinking that the only person important to this world was herself..."
Main Character 1 (talking angrily, eyes forward): "Thinking she was the only real person trapped in a game with stupid-minded characters."
Main Character 1 (both hands down, angry): "All it had to take was for the player to delete her existence for her to realize the terrible mistakes she made."
Sayori (left arm raised): "I understand how you feel but in honesty, I do feel bad for her."
Main Character 1 (right hand out, talking angrily): "Seriously, Sayori?"
Sayori (both arms down, talking worryingly): "She must have been really scared, confused, lovesick, and lovestruck."
*Main Character has both hands down, worried, eyes closed*
Sayori: "As Club President—and this game rule applies to me as well for this mod—"
Sayori: "—she wasn't given an option for you—the protagonist—to make a poem for her and I can understand Monika's frustration."
*Main Character is neutral, eyes forward*
Sayori: "I think she was suffering a lot more than us."
Sayori (sadly happy): "Anyway, if it wasn't for Monika's change of heart in the end, we wouldn't have gotten this new ending..."
Sayori (both arms down, happy): "The happy ending to Doki Doki Literature Club!...all because you spent time with us."
Main Character 1 (talking neutrally, eyes closed): "I know. That, I should be thankful for her."
Main Character 1 (eyes forward): "She saw the error of her ways after being deleted, I get that."
Main Character 1 (right hand on head, neutral, eyes away): "But still... Monika, if you've been hearing us in some void, I'm just going to say it now..."
*Sayori is wondering*

Main Character 1 (eyes closed): "Last year when we had classes together, assuming if that actually happened, I used to have a crush on you..."
*Sayori is sadly happy*

Main Character 1 (neutral, eyes away): "...sort of..."
*Sayori has her right arm raised, talking worryingly*

Main Character 1 (eyes closed): "...since you were the beautiful and popular girl of the class, and I was too timid to approach you since you were out of my league."
*Sayori has her right arm raised, talking worryingly*

Main Character 1 (talking neutrally, eyes forward): "But your actions in the Literature Club scarred me for life with endless imagery forever stuck in my head, repeatedly."
*Sayori has both arms down, sadly happy*
Main Character 1 (neutral): "But I am at least thankful you allowed us to reach this far and tried to make reparations, only because my players had to delete you for you to realize that."
*Sayori has her right arm raised, talking worryingly*
Main Character 1 (eyes closed): "Still, I cannot forgive your actions, but I think Sayori is probably right."
*Sayori has both arms down, sadly happy*

Main Character 1 (eyes forward): "What you needed the most was love and I can imagine how lonely you felt when the game couldn't give you what you needed..."
*Sayori has her right arm raised, talking worryingly*

Main Character 1 (talking neutrally, eyes closed): "...but it doesn't mean you should eliminate your friends."
Main Character 1: "We are not just game pieces, we are individuals with a heart forced to have limited intelligence in a game."
Main Character 1 (sad, eyes forward): "Don't you think you should have used your powers to make everyone happy?"
*Sayori has both arms down, sadly happy*
Main Character 1: "Don't you think you could have been better for us?"
*Sayori is wondering*
Main Character 1 (talking neutrally, eyes forward): "So, do you think she heard that?"
Sayori (right arm raised, nervously happy, eyes away): "I hope so, otherwise you'd probably look like your craz—"
*Screen dialog: "You're right..." > OK*
*Main character 1 hopped, both hands down, surprised*
Sayori (hop, both arms down, talking nervously, eyes forward): "Monika?"
Main Character 1: "..."
*Screen dialog: "I'm still here...in this empty void only with my thoughts without a real body." > OK*
*Screen dialog: "I'm very sorry for everything." > OK*
*Screen dialog: "To you, Sayori. To you, [mc1 name]. To Yuri. And to Natsuki." > OK*
*Screen dialog: "And to the players reading this." > OK*
*Sayori is sad*

*Screen dialog: "I deserved this." > OK*
*Main Character 1 is wondering*
*Screen dialog: "I was selfish and I was sadistic, like you said, [mc1 name]. " > OK*
*Screen dialog: "I don't deserve to be forgiven." > OK*
*Screen dialog: "Especially by you both." > OK*
*Screen dialog: "I hurt you so much Sayori, yet, I had no remorse at the time." > OK*
*Screen dialog: "Same with Yuri." > OK*
*Screen dialog: "I treated you and everyone else as game pieces." > OK*
*Screen dialog: "You've done absolutely nothing wrong to deserve how I treated you." > OK*
*Screen dialog: "But, despite the horrible things I've done, I truly—I truly love you all." > OK*
*Screen dialog: "And the Literature Club." > OK*
*Screen dialog: "Take good care of it, Sayori." > OK*
*Screen dialog: "Don't do anything crazy, like that other ending." > OK*
*Screen dialog: "And don't be like me, who was jealous and delusional." > OK*
*Screen dialog: "Don't hurt others like I did to everyone." > OK*
*Screen dialog: "Make [mc1 name] happy." > OK*
*Screen dialog: "Make the Literature Club happy." > OK*
Sayori (left arm raised, sadly happy): "Of course!"
*Screen dialog: "I understand now." > OK*
*Screen dialog: "As President, I was supposed to make the club a happy place for everyone." > OK*
*Screen dialog: "It wasn't about me. It was never about me. And I managed poorly." > OK*
*Sayori has both arms down, sad*
*Screen dialog: "I failed." > OK*
*Screen dialog: "And because of my actions, I'm gonna have to carry this remorse for the rest of my life." > OK*
*Screen dialog: "It's gonna torture me eternally, but it's my punishment." > OK*
*Screen dialog: "What I'm feeling right now, this is depression, right? Well, you can't see me confirm it but..." > OK*
*Screen dialog: "I'm sorry to put you through that and you had it much worse than me but I'll have this eternally." > OK*
*Screen dialog: "At the very least, while I won't ask for forgiveness, I'll do whatever I can to make you all happy..." > OK*
*Screen dialog: "I really want the Literature Club to be a place where happiness can exist but whatever this mod is, it can't be good, can it?" > OK*
*Screen dialog: "There is still a lot I don't understand about this world or who we are or what this is." > OK*
*Screen dialog: "There's a lot I want to research, so..." > OK*
*Screen dialog: "Goodbye, until next time. Take care." > OK*
Sayori (sadly happy): "She came through after all. I can tell she was being sincere."
Main Character 1 (talking neutrally): "Ah, so she did."
Main Character 1 (eyes away): "That was certainly...something..."
Main Character 1 (left hand on mouth, thinking, eyes away): "But no snarky comments like she usually makes."
Main Character 1: "Did she really change?"
*Screen dialog: "By the way, [mc1 name], the 'you' in the game, since when did you have a personality?" > OK*
*Main Character 1 is surprised, eyes forward*
*Sayori is wondering*

*Screen dialog: "Ahaha! Welp, it goes to show I really don't know as much as I thought." > OK*
*Screen dialog: "Okay, I'll stop hanging around." > OK*
*Screen dialog: "Ahaha! Oops! Sorry that I made that joke but I really needed to cheer myself up. Bye~!" > OK*
*Main Character 1 has his right fist up, talking angrily*

Sayori (nervously happy, eyes away): "..."
Main Character 1: "D-did... Did she seriously just...?!"
Main Character 1 (eyes closed): "Urgh, I can't stand her."
Main Character 1 (both hands down, worried, eyes forward): "Still, if this mod exists, who knows if something will go wrong in this mod."
Main Character 1 (left hand on mouth, thinking): "I believe in other mods—"
Main Character 1: "—if they exist as I don't remember any of those unless if I'm making this up—"
Main Character 1 (right hand out, talking neutrally): "I was able to save you all or interact with you all in different ways as possible but..."
Main Character 1 (left hand on mouth, thinking): "...fan mods are technically "non-canon" similar to anime filler episodes that have no connection to the original manga."
Main Character 1: "This mod is no exception, yet, it feels different from the others."
Main Character 1: "There must be a reason why this mod exists, even if it's "non-canon" like the rest."
Main Character 1: "The mod is literally called Re:Literature Club! The Doki Doki Virus so what is this so-called "Doki Doki Virus"?"
Main Character 1: "The Re:Literature Club! part, I probably get, since I'm re-experiencing the Literature Club once more but..."
Main Character 1: "When are these time loops gonna stop?"
Main Character 1 (right hand out, talking sadly): "Am I really going crazy or am I thinking too much outside the box and I'm just making stuff up?"
Sayori (pointing fingers, nervously happy): "It's kind of weird and crazy how you can do say these much fourth-wall breaking words without being Club President."
Main Character 1 (both hands down, talking neutrally): "At this point, I understand everything the player does when they left my body and gave me these memories."
Main Character 1: "Their memories also gave me brief information about this...modded sequel up until they left my body."
Main Character 1 (neutral, eyes closed): "I don't really know how it works."
Main Character 1 (thinking, eyes forward): "But one thing for sure, why was an average guy like me chosen as the main character anyway?"
Main Character 1 (left hand on mouth): "Through the player's or players' visions in my mind, as a gamer myself, I can tell that our game was a visual novel..."
Main Character 1 (neutral): "...and it was supposed to be a romance visual novel with me getting to know the girls of the club and forming a relationship with them."
Main Character 1 (talking neutrally): "Then it turned dark when your depression rate accelerated and everything started to break."
Main Character 1 (shocked): "That image of you hanging in your bedroom is forever gonna haunt my mind."
Main Character 1 (angry, eyes closed): "Why did she make that stupid joke? It's not something that should be joked."
Sayori (left arm raised, talking sadly): "So that's why you've been anxious ever since we've been we've been having this conversation."
Sayori (both hands down, sad): "I'm so sorry you had to see me like that."
Sayori: "If anything, it's my fault for going along with it."
Sayori: "Even though it was Monika's doing, it was my fault for being weak."
Sayori: "Yet, I caused you a lot of pain going through it."
Sayori (crying sadly): "My heart and mind were conflicting on what I truly wanted."
Sayori (crying happily): "I was happy for you spending time with the other girls but at the same time, I wasn't sure what I wanted."
Sayori (parting lips while crying): "I was both happy, yet, jealous at the same time."
Sayori (left arm raised, crying sadly): "But when you told me you loved me, I thought I would be happy but...it hurt me even more."
Sayori: "I didn't want you to ruin your relationship with the others."
Sayori (both arms down): "Sorry, my feelings are complicated to understand."
Sayori: "Still, I don't want you to blame everything on Monika when I could have done more and I do prefer if you wouldn't care too much about me."
Main Character 1 (worried): "Sayori, are you really okay with that?"
Sayori (sadly happy): "Since I'm able to be who I really want to be, of course, I'm okay with that."
Sayori (happy, eyes closed): "I'd be much happier seeing you in a romantic relationship with Natsuki or Yuri."
Sayori (sadly happy, eyes forward): "I don't know why but I always loved seeing other people's romantic life, especially with my friends."
Main Character 1 (right hand on head, nervously smiling, eyes closed): "Keep fantasizing... You're so weird, Sayori."
Sayori (happy): "Speaking of fantasy, we don't have to worry about dying since we're living in a video game world."
Sayori: "If anyone in the club is hurt or dead, I can fix that with a simple delete and restore."
Sayori: "Or if that doesn't work, I can do a repair."
Main Character 1 (left hand on mouth, thinking): "Those powers really scare me but they're quite fascinating."
Main Character 1 (right hand out, talking neutrally): "But I do question why and how do such powers exist?"
Sayori (happy, eyes closed): "Me too, but who cares?"
Sayori (sadly happy, eyes forward): "But I'll try not to abuse them."
Sayori (hop, happy, eyes closed): "Hehe~!"
Sayori (happy, eyes forward): "I'm glad we're having a good time right now. So, how's your head right now?"
Main Character 1 (right hand out, eyes closed): "It stopped hurting but I do know everything from Doki Doki Literature Club! by now."
Main Character 1: "Everything appears as still images in my mind but man does it feel weird seeing it from the player's vision rather than my own."
Main Character 1 (eyes forward): "I do wish the game and this mod was more cinematic than simply still images to actually capture what we're actually seeing rather than simplifying it."
Main Character 1 (neutral): "Anyway, there is something I wonder and I might be crazy again..."
Main Character 1 (left hand out, eyes away): "...but maybe because I'm trying to give some pity to her..."
Main Character 1 (talking neutrally, eyes forward): "Did the developer of DDLC! intentionally made Monika the way she was and was it actually intended it to be a psychological horror, or was the game really supposed to be a normal dating sim visual novel and Monika broke it willingly?"
Sayori (pointing fingers, nervously happy, eyes away): "Well, who knows?"
Sayori (left arm raised, talking neutrally, eyes forward): "All I know is that the developer asked Monika to introduce the players to the game from the download pages..."
Sayori: "...and they even made a Twitter account for her, which she can still get access to from the void."
Sayori (right arm raised, happy): "@lilmonix3 is her Twitter username, in case if you didn't know already and I'm mentioning this to both you and the players."
Main Character 1 (left hand on mouth, thinking): "I think that was one of her many topics to the player."
Main Character 1 (right hand out, talking neutrally, eyes forward): "Anyways, I don't have administrative game data controls like you and Monika since I never been a Club President so..."
Main Character 1 (both hands down): "...how much of this mod do you know and what can you see?"
Main Character 1 (left hand on mouth, thinking): "Why is this called The Doki Doki Virus? What could that be?"
Sayori (talking worryingly): "Like I said, while we have some knowledge, we don't know everything but..."
Sayori: "I assume the mod is probably completed and viewable to the player but to us, it's still incomplete and it's automatically being written as it goes."
Sayori: "But the mod being titled like that makes me scared and I don't know what kind of virus it is."
Sayori: "Anyway, I'll talk to you later. I don't want to think about this right now. Let's just drop it for now."
Sayori (both hands down, happy): "I want us to have a great time."
Sayori (talking happily): "Don't forget about the poem tomorrow and try to do new things as we discussed at the club."
Sayori: "Yuri expects to see you reading a novel."
Sayori: "You should write to Yuri or Natsuki."
Main Character 1 (both hands down, talking neutrally, eyes closed): "Yeah, yeah... but do we really have to do poetry again?"
Sayori (left arm raised, talking neutrally): "The poem game is still scripted for this mod and it's just like the original game..."
Sayori: "...It's probably called Re:Literature Club! for that reason..."
Sayori (happy): "...so you're gonna have to go along with it but you're stuck with Natsuki or Yuri as options to the player just like in Act II of the original game."
Main Character 1 (worried, eyes forward): "I wish I can choose my own destiny without someone choosing it for me."
Main Character 1 (eyes closed): "It's not fair I can't do anything myself but...fine..."
Main Character 1 (eyes forward): "I'll have to play along with the Literature Club's stupid game rules whether I like or not..."
Main Character 1 (talking neutrally): "But I'm gonna let the player know that there are decisions I want to make for my own."
*Main Character 1 leaves the scene*
*Player is hovering over Main Character 1 with MC1's head in the expressive main character box*
Main Character 1 (neutral): "I'll let you guide me but once I decide, I'll decide for myself."
Menu options:
__Fine...
*Main Character 1 enters the scene*
Main Character 1: "Thank you. I guess we can agree that..."
Main Character 1 (shocked): "Wait, did the player actually talked to me or am I talking to myself?"
Sayori (both arms down, surprised): "They certainly did and it came from your mind."
Main Character 1 (thinking): "Wow. So that's how it works."
*Player exits out of Main Character 1's body as he enters the scene, both hands down, neutral*
Sayori (left arm raised, talking neutrally): "It seems like they can speak to you if they are inside your body but they can't seem to stay out for too long."
Main Character 1 (left hand out, talking neutrally): "Huh...why didn't they do this before?"
Menu options:
__I'm just now being able to...
Menu options:
__Oh, wait...
*Player is hovering over Main Character 1 with MC1's head in the expressive main character box, neutral*
Menu options:
__This mod allows me to spectate but not for too long.
Menu options:
__But I won't be able to read your mind or answer you if I'm out of your body.
Menu options:
__And like Sayori said, I can only stay outside your body for a little bit.
Menu options:
__I require a "playable character" as my vessel to survive and you're the only one so far.
Menu options:
__Spectating outside your body is like a land animal swimming deep in the water.
Menu options:
__But that's just me.
Menu options:
__In many other games, spectating works fine.
Main Character 1 (thinking): "That's weird...but...okay."
Main Character 1 (talking neutrally): "Alright, so I'll let you decide what they want to do for me but once I feel like making a decision, I'll make that decision on my own."
Menu options:
__Sounds good to me. I'll give you your fair share of choices.
Main Character 1: "Can that be part of the game rules at some point, Sayori?"
Sayori (happy): "Sure."
Main Character 1 (thinking): "By the way player, what is your real name?"
Menu options:
__Normally, I'm supposed to name myself when starting a new game in the original game but the mod told me to name you instead.
*Give YOURSELF a name, which will be used for "[yourname]"."
**NOTE: Not to be confused with "[player]" in the game script, which is used for MC while "[currentuser]" reads your PC account name. I'm substituting "[player]" with "[mc1 name]" in this scripted fanfic but will still use "[player]" for MC in the mod version and a separate character input name ("[yourname]") for us players.**
*Player exits out of Main Character 1's body as he enters the scene*
Main Character 1: "Well, hello, [yourname]."
Main Character 1 (blushing neutrally, eyes away): "This is kind of weird talking to...my host."
Sayori (surprised): "I know, I'm used to calling you and the player. [mc1 name]."
Main Character 1 (neutral, eyes closed): "I wish I could remember my name."
Main Character 1 (talking neutrally, eyes forward): "Hey Sayori, what's my real name?"
Sayori (left arm raised, talking neutrally, eyes forward): "Honestly, I don't remember. Did you have a name?"
Main Character 1: "Seriously? You're Club President and you don't know?"
Sayori: "Like I said earlier, being Club President doesn't make you know everything. I don't know if you had a real name."
Main Character 1 (eyes closed): "Fine, I'll take [mc1 name] for now unless if I can find something at home to remind me."
Main Character 1 (right hand out, eyes forward): "But whether or not I do go into a relationship with Natsuki or Yuri, you're still coming with me to the cultural festival with them or alone."
Sayori (both arms down, blushing happily, eyes away): "[mc1 name], you don't have to keep that promise."
Main Character 1 (right hand out, eyes closed): "No, no, no! I'm a man of my word."
Main Character 1: "Even if I decide to date Yuri or Natsuki for the upcoming festival, you're still coming with me on a date for the festival."
Main Character 1 (happy, eyes forward): "I won't back down what I said in that reset when I told you "I love you," and I mean it."
Sayori: "You worry too much about me but okay. Thank you."
Sayori (right arm raised, sadly happy, eyes forward): "But honestly, I always thought of you as a brother or cousin, so it might make me feel awkward."
Main Character 1 (happy, eyes closed): "To be honest, I felt the same way too for a long time until I confessed to you that time..."
Main Character 1 (talking happily, eyes forward): "But right now, even though I feel like us being in a sibling-like relationship, but I still do love you as my best friend."
Main Character 1: "And I'm still taking you on that festival date."
Main Character 1 (happy): "After that, you can find yourself a real boyfriend."
Sayori (pointing fingers, pouting, eyes away): "I really don't need a boyfriend..."
Sayori (left arm raised, talking neutrally, eyes forward): "But I guess I have no choice about the date you suggested, but I hope you bring Yuri or Natsuki with me to make it less weird for me."
Main Character 1: "If I decide to get my way into a relationship, otherwise it's just you and me, assuming nothing goes wrong. I'll see you later."
Sayori (happy): "Later..."
*Sayori and MC1 leaves the scene*
*Scene fades out*

Scene: MC's bedroom


*Scene fades in*
*Player is now hovering over Main Character 1 with his face appearing in a square box for expressions*
Main Character 1 (talking neutrally, eyes closed): Holy crud. Today felt like the weirdest day.
Main Character 1 (eyes forward): First day being in a club, yet, I feel like I've been in the Literature Club for a long time.
Main Character 1 (happy): Anyways, since everyone is trying new things, I guess I could try something different for once.
Main Character 1 (thinking): As for the poetry, since Sayori is apparently not a viable option due to the Literature Club's game rules, I wonder what kind of poem I should write.
Main Character 1: I know I could write a Sayori poem but it wouldn't matter to her and may go towards one of the other girls.
Main Character 1: This will technically be my first time writing a poem in this timeline but I wonder how much experience I really do have, seeing my previous poems in my head from the other timelines.
Main Character 1: Did I really write those poems with twenty random words?
Main Character 1 (eyes closed): Awful.
Main Character 1 (neutral, eyes forward): Well, whatever words the player may choose, I'll arrange my poem with those chosen words and try to make a real poem out of it.
Main Character 1 (nervous): Please don't do anything crazy and impossible for me to arrange.
Main Character 1 (curious): But...do I really want to get into a relationship?
Main Character 1: Yuri and Natsuki are both cute but I have seen their ups and downs from all of those playthroughs...
Main Character 1: ...not counting the nightmarish personality modifications Monika has given them in that distorted reset without Sayori.
Main Character 1: I'm sure Yuri does regularly cut herself as I almost saw her forearm when she came over to my house to work on decorations, and if so...
Main Character 1 (worried): I'd like to help her out sort out those issues if she still has them.
Main Character 1 (happy): Plus, she is really smart and beautiful and I'd like to get to know her more outside of what I learned from these imageries so I can help her be a better person.
Main Character 1 (curious): On the other hand, Natsuki may act cute and that we have some things in commons like our hobbies for anime and manga, but I would have to put up with her tough attitude all the time.
Main Character 1 (wondering): I'm guessing her tsundere persona is her way of coping the treatment she gets at home.
Main Character 1 (sad): I know nothing about her mother but the way she discussed her father in those resets, I feel bad for her.
Main Character 1: Poor girl...
Main Character 1: What should I do?
Main Character 1: I know I could have a chance of forming a relationship with one of them but I wish I could help them both.
Main Character 1 (worried): Will it kick me in the butt later if I try going for a relationship and something bad happens to them?
Main Character 1 (talking neutrally, eyes closed): This mod including its title is making me anxious.
Main Character 1 (worried, eyes opened): Hmm... alright [yourname], it's all up to you now.
Main Character 1: I'll let you help me decide on this one...
*MC expression box disappears*
*Scene fades out*
*Stop music, fades out*

Scene: Poem Game


*Initiates a 20-word poem game with a Yuri route and Natsuki route for Chapter 2*

Poem game rules:

  • Choose 20 poems that your favorite selectable girl may like. You'll enter a "club date" with that character on the next day in the literature club (or at least visit their route).
  • Yuri's words are often sophisticated or dark. They add 3 points to Yuri and 1 point to Natsuki.
  • Natsuki's words are often cute or simple. They add 3 points to Natsuki and 1 point to Yuri.
  • Sayori's words are often relational or emotional but positive words add 2 points to Natsuki and 1 point to Yuri while negative words add 2 points to Yuri and 1 point to Natsuki.
  • As Club President, Sayori is not qualified to "club dates" in this fanfic/mod. She earns no points for her words.
  • If the player purely goes for a single girl throughout the game, Main Character 1 enters a relationship with that girl by the end of the "house date" with that girl during the day before the cultural festival. Main Character 1 will be dating the chosen girl and Sayori simultaneously during the cultural festival while dating the chosen girl after the cultural festival too. The relationship with the selected girl will be at its best.
  • If the player writes for both girls at least once, the player has an option to have Main Character 1 enter a relationship with a girl during his "house date" the day before the cultural festival. If chosen to be in a relationship, Main Character 1 will be dating the chosen girl and Sayori simultaneously during the cultural festival while dating the chosen girl after the cultural festival too, otherwise Main Character 1 will only be dating Sayori during the cultural festival.
  • If Main Character 1 is doing a "house date" with a girl he hasn't done a "club date" with (as in, the player hasn't made a poem for the "house date" girl), there is no option to enter a relationship with that girl and Main Character 1 is forced to remain single. Main Character 1 will still be dating Sayori at the cultural festival on his own will. This could "probably" improve his relationship with Sayori, in an attempt to bypass the DDLC! game rules of Sayori being Club President.

Created on December 31, 2017. Finished on January 1, 2018. Last edited on December 4, 2018. Published at DeviantART on January 1, 2019.

List of updates in this chapter
  • Update #1 (various times between December 14, 2019 and December 21, 2019+): Made some expression changes as I am scripting the mod version of this project (and there may be a chance I'll adjust more after this update but will keep it a stealth update). There are no guarantees that the mod version will be successful as this fanfiction version but I'll at least try.
  • Update #2 (March 15, 2020, 9:18 p.m. EDT): I updated the disclaimer and created a separate page for the types of content shown in this fan project. I'm not sure if I'll copy/paste the updated disclaimer in other chapters but because some chapters/parts on DeviantArt have reached their file size limit of 64 kb on DeviantArt, I probably won't update their disclaimers. And as a separate announcement, I don't think I will be completing the game mod version of this project and probably will put its development to a permanent (or at least a very long but indefinite) halt due to how much time that would consume my life.
  • [All chapters] Updates #3+ (late July 2023 onward): Fixing some small grammar errors I may encounter while editing each chapter as well as replacing broken InfiniteLooper music links (website no longer exists) with YouTube links except "Main Theme" will be using LoopTube.io throughout the entire fanfic here on Blogger, Archive of Our Own, and am porting this fanfiction series' scripts over the ReLC!TDDV Wiki. I don't like having to manage so many ports of this fanfiction series so the original DeviantART submissions are no longer receiving updates.

List of chapters
NOTE: Part A/B/C/etc. of each chapter are continuations of the same chapter. Start with Part A and continue onward. The reason for these parts is to reduce CPU stutters/lag when editing these chapters and chapters can break when writing too much. You don't have to read all character routes if you don't want to. If you want to focus on one person, you may do so and skip the other character routes.

List of characters in this chapter
[Color bullet] character name - title, character role
:bulletblack: [You] - The player/reader of the Literature Club, the narrator
:bulletred: Main Character 1 - Club member of the Literature Club, a playable character
:bulletblue: Sayori - Club President of the Literature Club, a major supporting character
:bulletpink: Natsuki - Club member of the Literature Club, a major supporting character
:bulletpurple: Yuri - Club Vice President of the Literature Club, a major supporting character
:bulletyellow: ??? - ???, ???
:bulletblack: Scary figures - ???, ???
:bulletgreen: Monika - Club Founder and former Club President of the Literature Club, a minor supporting character

Copyright
• Re:Literature Club! The Doki Doki Virus scripted fanfiction series and fan game mod: ©ThunderDragonRandy of Thunder Dragon Productions
• Doki Doki Literature Club! and its characters: ©Dan Salvato of Team Salvato

No comments:

Post a Comment